We work with Whittlesea Council and various organisations to support the needs of our local community.
For information and support for Covid-19, click HERE.
- Safe Steps – Services for victim survivor. State-wide, after-hours, 24/7 family violence response phone line 1800 015 188
- The Orange Door – Services offered: Women, children and young people’s family violence services, child and family services, aboriginal services, men’s family violence services. Ph: 1800 319 355 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victims of Crime – Manage the effects of crime and guide you through the legal process, for adult male victims of family violence and victims of violent crime. Call 1800 819 817 | Text 0427 767 891
- Child Protection – For children and young people whose safety is at risk. After hours child protection emergency services: 13 12 78 (5pm to 9am Monday to Friday, 24 hours on weekends and public holidays)
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line – State-wide, after-hours, confidential, telephone crisis counselling service for people who have experienced both past and recent sexual assault. Free Call (VIC) 1800 806 292 (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- No to Violence – No to Violence is the peak body for organisations and individuals working with men to end family violence in Victoria. NTV also provide telephone counselling, information and referrals for men in Victoria. Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491 (8am to 9pm Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday)
- Kids Helpline – A free, private and confidential, telephone and online counselling service for young people aged between 5 and 25. Any time, any reason call: 1800 55 1800 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- With Respect – Specialist LGBTIQ family violence service. Ph: 1800 542 847 (weekdays during office hours AND 5pm to 11pm each Wednesday and 10 am to 10pm on Saturday and Sunday)
- MensLine Australia – A telephone and online counselling service for men with family and relationship concerns. Ph: 1300 78 99 78 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Northern Integrated Family Violence Services (NIFVS) – Partnership that provides family violence system leadership across Melbourne’s northern metropolitan region (NMR).
- LIFT – Stepped care model for Mental Health. LIFT ensures every person seeking help with a mental health concern receives the right care at the right time from the right person.
- Partners in Wellbeing – Free support and advice to improve your wellbeing during COVID and beyond
- Grow – Mental wellness programs offering peer-to-peer support during these difficult times. Sign up online.
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
- Care Leavers Australasia Network (CLAN) on 1800 008 774
- HeadtoHelp hubs open to connect Victorians to vital mental health support. Victoria’s six Primary Health Networks have quickly opened 15 new HeadtoHelp hubs to provide easy access to extra mental health services during the coronavirus pandemic. HeadtoHelp provides advice and a welcoming place for everyone who needs mental health and wellbeing support. It is available to all Victorians, whether their mental health issues are pre-existing or have emerged during the pandemic.
- Black Dog Institute Community Webinars – Giving you access to mental health sessions wherever you are
- VMIAC – This free service is for people with lived experience of mental health challenges, who want information or short-term, non-legal advocacy.
- United Minds
Parenting Support and Connections
- Digital Dads Group – A space space where new Dads can share and connect. See also Dads of Whittlesea.
- Parents and Carers Education Training – For parents and carers raising young children.
- Support for Fathers
Legal, Financial and Food Assistance
- Whittlesea Community Connections
- Food, financial assistance and casework support Response line: 9401 6644 (Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm)
- Legal Service: 9401 6655 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Friendly Connections, Email: email@example.com or call 0473 019 831. Friendly Connections program will link volunteers to isolated community members for a regular check-in and friendly conversation on the phone.
- Refugees and Recent Arrival
- Uniting Kildonan
- Good Shepherd COVID Hardship Support Hotline to help navigate the often-complex service system, including the financial supports available. In addition, assisting in weighing up if a Household Relief Loan Without Interest is right for you. It’s all about understanding the best way forward to cover utility bills, rent, bond, body corporate fees and rates.
- United Minds
- Working for Victoria If you are a job seeker in Victoria you are invited to register your details on the Working for Victoria site to access new work opportunities.
- FAAS – The Forms and Advocacy Assist Service (FAAS) is a FREE service to assist local community members with form-filling support and consumer advocacy. FAAS is delivered by La Trobe University students, trained in providing a range of services. For instance, assisting a client to respond to a letter requesting action from the client or denial of an application, seeking further information regarding a form and supporting document requirements behalf of clients, and following up on behalf of a client regarding a form they have lodged.